Bush Nippers Education Program
Nippers is an iconic program for many Victorians which teaches lifesaving skills whilst extending swimming and water safety competencies. Due to the popularity of this program and limited delivery within coastal areas only, many Victorians are unable to participate.
This Bush Nippers pilot education program is heavily subsidised thanks to the generous support of the Yarra Ranges Council. Working with Life Saving Victoria, the program has been developed and will be provided at a small fee of $30 per person to eligible participants across the September school holidays, delivered by the Yarra Centre Aquatics Team.
The program will run from
27th September - 1st October
10:30am - 12:00pm
All children and young people that wish to be part of the Program must:
- Be 5-14 years of age by midnight August 2nd; and
- Complete a Junior Activities Preliminary Evaluation prior to commencing Program activities in the water (you can organise directly with centre); and
- Commit to all sessions to ensure validity of the evaluation; and
- Have a parent/guardian present for the entire program; and
- Provide media consent for image to be used on social media and other platforms (consideration will be given if this is not possible)
- Must be willing (both participants & guardians) to participate in an evaluation on the success of the program and skills learnt
Katelin Borondy - Programs Coordinator